May 5, 2007Uncategorized
- Board of Directors American Humane, one of the oldest and most respected humane organizations in the nation; the mission is to protect children as well as animals. 2007 to present. www.americanhumane.org.
- Board of Directors Winn Feline Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports health related studies about medical problems affecting cats, 2007 to present. www.winnfelinehealth.org.
- Co-Chair: Task Force on Companion Animals and Public Safety, auspices City of Chicago/ Alderman Gene Schulter’s Committee on Licensing and Consumer Protection, 2006 to present.
- Member: CASA, Chicago Animal Shelter Alliance. Assisting CASA with PR; produces and records CASA minutes for Petcasts for WGN Radio. www.casachicago.org, 2005 to present.
- Board of Directors: Tree House Animal Foundation, Chicago’s oldest no-kill all cat shelter, 2005 to present. www.treehouseanimals.org
- Founding member: Chicago Area Pet Trainers Association (CAPTA). 2005 to present.
- Canine and Feline Behavior Consultant: International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. 2005 to present. www.iaabc.org
- Task Force Member: Illinois Veterinary Medical Association Task Force on Animal Welfare, 2004 to 2006.
- Advisory Board, Animal Friends animal shelter, Pittsburgh, PA, 2002 to present. www.animal-friends.org
- Advisory Board, DAWG (Dog Advisory Workgroup), advocacy organization with the Chicago Park District and the Mayor’s Office to develop dog friendly areas, 1999 to 2001.
- Member, Dog Writer’s Assocaiton of America; www.dwaa.org and Cat Writers’ Assocaiton, Inc.; www.catwriters.org; 1996/1997 through present.
- Board Member: Chenny Troupe, one of America’s leading animal assisted therapy organizations, Chicago, IL, 1996 to 2005.
- Auxiliary Board, Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, IL, 1987 to 1988.
- Docent Lincoln Park Zoo, and editor of ‘The Ark,’ an internal newsletter, 1982 to 1987.
- Chicago Film Festival Jury Member, 1986 to 1988.
- United Way Communications Contest Judge, 1985 to 1987.
- Vice President Niles Township Olympic Committee, 1976 to 1984.
- Charter Member Chicago Area Broadcast Public Affairs Association, 1979 to 1982.