Benefit Supports Peace for Pits: Saving Dogs
Chas Oskerka, son of legendary dog trainer Julie Dorsey-Oskerka and her husband jazz radio host Bruce Oscar, passed away far too early in 2017. He was only 43 years old when he lost his battle with cancer. A benefit will be held to celebrate his life and support pit bull rescue on February 18 at Dry City Brew Works, 120B North Main Street, Wheaton, Illinois, from noon to 4 p.m.
Chas’ friends wanted to do something to honor him and also to pay it forward with the proceeds being donated to a rescue he respected and admired: Peace for Pits. Peace for Pits isn’t afraid to take injured or neglected dogs that others won’t accept.
Chas loved everything about life, especially dogs. He also loved brewing his own beer and creating BBQ recipes to share with friends and family. He won awards for both!
Dry City Brew Works is taking one specific recipe, Chas’ Grapefruit Pale Ale that everyone loved, and recreating it based on the copious notes that Chas kept.
Chas was also a hockey fan, and two Chicago Wolves packages will be available thanks to Wolves forward Scooter Vaughn, who has become a family friend.
1) SKOOT DOGG PACKAGE // 1 x autographed Chicago Wolves Breakaway magazine with the feature article being on Scooter Vaughn, 1 x Scooter Vaughn Chicago Wolves Tee shirt (size L), 2 x lower level (3rd row from ice on aisle) tickets to the Sunday April 15, 2018 game vs Manitoba Moose (4:00pm start) with a parking pass, 1 x Wade Megan game used stick autographed by the 2017-2018 Chicago Wolves!
2) WOLF PACK PACKAGE // 3 x autographed Chicago Wolves Breakaway magazines, signed by feature article players currently playing for Wolves (Scooter Vaughn, Brett Sterling, & Paul Thompson), 1 x autographed picture of coach Bob Nardella, 4 x lower level (4th row from ice on aisle) tickets to the Sunday April 15, 2018 game vs Manitoba Moose (4 p.m. start) with parking pass.
By lifting a glass in Chas’ memory, you’ll also help to save dogs.
Your ticket includes:
- A BBQ lunch* (vegetarian dishes also being served) *Food served noon-2 p.m.
- A glass of the Chas special GPA (Grapefruit Pale Ale) served in a glass you can take home
- One ticket toward the grand prize: $500 gift certificate from Fey & Co.