Dog Deaths Implicated in IAMS/Eukanuba Recall


Share

NOTE THE UPDATED STORY

 

Dogs may have been sickened or died as a result of tainted IAMS or Eukanuba pet food, according to Fox 19 News in Cincinnati. Here’s information on the voluntary massive recall, which was for potential salmonella.FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather Three dogs died this week who shared two common denominators.; they all stayed at a local pet daycare and they all ate a type of pet food that was recalled by P&G on Wednesday (August 14, 2013).

 

FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather

According to Pet Spot, six dogs at their facility showed symptoms of HGE or Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis.  Three of the dogs died, three took ill. MedVet, a pet hospital in Madisonville, is waiting on test results to confirm that the illness that caused the deaths and illness of those dogs was HGE.

Again, so far, no confirmation that the recalled food was responsible for the dogs’ illness or death. Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis is a disease of dogs characterized by sudden vomiting and bloody diarrhea. The symptoms are typically severe, and HGE can be fatal if not treated.