Stray Cat Strut Benefitting Tree House Homeless Cats
Strut your stuff for homeless cat in the annual Tree House Humane Society 10th Annual Stray Cat Strut, August 1.
Proceeds from the 5K walkathon will help to support the construction of the new Adoption Center and Veterinary Clinic, raise awareness of the plight of community cats, promote spay/neuter, and raise much-needed funds to help special-needs cats like Athens. Dogs are welcome – but keep in mind, it’s supposed to be hot out. Bring water, and consider a shortened walk for dogs (just due to the heat. It’s easy for dogs to suffer heat stroke).
Athens has limited mobility due to an old spinal fracture…but boy does he get around. In fact, at times, his fetching abilities exceed a Labrador Retriever’s. Athens is available for adoption. Take a walk for Tree House and take a cat home!
I will be there to help kick off the walk! Depending on weather we may bring one or both of our dogs.
Here are some walkathon quick facts:
- Registration and check-in begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Walk begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Walkers start and finish at Shelter Headquarters (1212 W. Carmen Ave. just west of Broadway)
- Walk route goes along the lake front
- Refreshments provided before and after Walkathon, and en route for walkers
If you register prior to event day, registration is only $30. You can register or donate online at TreeHouseAnimals.org or by phone at 773-784-5488 ext. 225. Pre-registration is encouraged, but you may also register the day of the Walkathon. Event day registration is $35 and starts at 9:30 a.m.
Every registered walker receives:
- Walkathon T-shirt (available for pick up day of the event – must register by 7/11/15 to guarantee size)
- Swag bag, filled with items for you and your cat
- Made with love Tree House Cat Ears
- Choice of our signature Strut or awesome Athens button
- Personalized fundraising page
- Great food and refreshments at our Post-Walk Celebration
Turn in all of your donation money by Oct. 3rd to be eligible for the following prizes (please clearly label your pledges with donors’first and last names to ensure you receive credit for them).
- $100 – $249: Catastic stainless steel water bottle
- $250 – $499: Tree House logo T-shirt and water bottle
- $500 – $999: Tree House logo T-shirt, water bottle and hoodie
- $1,000 and up: Swag bag with Tree House logo T-shirt, water bottle, hoodie, and 15 assorted toys
The highest fundraiser wins a Petco® Cat Tree!
(must have a minimum of two donors and raise a minimum of $500)
The team that raises the most funds wins a party for 20 people at Trader Todd’s!
(winning team must raise a minimum of $1,000)
Can’t walk then become a Virtual Walker: You can still set up a personalized fundraising page and support the cats by becoming a virtual walker. Visit: TreeHouseAnimals.org/StrayCatStrutFundraise to go to our event fundraising page. You can “Join the event” and set up your personalized fundraiser. Virtual walkers are eligible for the same prizes based on the donations you collect.