* June 23: Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress (free webinar) -
7 p.m. ET; 6p.m. CT; 5 p.m. MT; 4 p.m. CT. Webinar is free. Register here.
* June 25: Shaken Not Purred: Benefit Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control - virtual and also limited space at Room 13 (next to Trader Todd's Karaoke Bar), 3216 N. Sheffield, Chicago, IL
Virtual Mixology Class & Fundraiser hosted by Steve Dale, and guest-starring Gary Ramos (Bar Manager - Room 13), Luke Nevin-Gattle (President of the Chicago Chapter of the US Bartenders Guild), Misty Davis (Representative with Veltins Brewery) and Danny Jahnke (Reddi Beverage Company). Prices vary, starting at $35. Register HERE.
* August 28-29: FETCH Kansas City (Kansas City Convention Center) -
August 28 1:15 p.m. "You Can't Treat Cats If You Don't See Them," Room 3
9:15 a.m "Cats Are No Longer Doormats: How the Human Animal Bond with Cats Continues to Grow," Room 4
10:45 am "Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat Lives," Room 3
1:15 p.m. "Fear Free: Be The Change," Room 5
* September 9: Cats Really Are Man’s (and Woman’s) Best Friends: But Is the Bond as Real as It Is with Dogs? Viticus Veterinary Conf - Mandalay Bay Hotel and Conference Center, Las Vegas, NV
Cats Really Are Man’s (and Woman’s) Best Friends: But Is the Bond as Real as It Is with Dogs? at Viticus (formerly Western Veterinary Conference), Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, 2 .p.m.
* December 4: Michigan Veterinary Conference, Suburban Collection Showcase Novi, Michigan -
9 a.m. "Thinking Outside the Box, Adjusting the Aim"
10 a.m. "Bad Dog or Bad Dog Owners: Of Course, Neither Is True"
11 a.m. "Bad Kitty to Good Kitty: Lending a Paw to Frustrated Cat Owners, Dealing with Most Common Cat Behavior Problems"
2 p.m. "Grrr.....Dogs Are Not Wolves"
3:20 p.m. "The Human Animal Bond: Is It Possible to be Over-Bonded"
4:20 p.m. "Mining Millennials"
* June 7: VMX Veterinary Conference (4 talks) - Orlando, FL
8 a.m. From Pastimes to Pets: Exploring Our Bond with Non-Traditional Species with Dana Varble, DVM (Human Animal Bond Association Track)
9:55 a.m. Cats Really Are Man's (and Woman's) Best Friends: But Is The Bond as Real As It Is With Dogs?" (Human Animal Bond Association Track)
11 a.m. The Human-Animal Bond: Is It Possible to be Over-Bonded? (Human Animal Bond Association Track)
1:45: Mining Millennials (Human Animal Bond Association Track)
all at room S210-A-C , OCCC-South
* May 27: Let's Talk About Travel Safety with Pets for Human Animal Bond Association -
Hosting this Free monthly Human Animal Bond Association Facebook Live conversation with Sleepypod Co-Founder and Lead Product Designer Michael Leung and Subaru Marketing Accessory Manager Lori Blichasz. At 8 p.m. ET; 7 p.m. CT; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT. Join in at www.facebook.com/humananimalbondassociation.
* May 26: Urban Resource Institute: Domestic Violence and Companion Animals -
Moderator: Steve Dale
Speakers/Panelists: Urban Resource Institute CEO Nathaniel Fields; CEO The Hotline Katie Ray-Jones; President PetSmart Charities Aimee Gilbreath; Banfield Foundation Executive Director Kim Van Syc; Pet and Women Safety Act (PAWS Act) Nancy Blaney, director Animal Welfare Institute; NY Office for Prevention Domestic Violence Executive Director Keli Owens; and Hope Dawson, domestic violence survivor.
2 to 3:30 p.m. ET; 1 to 2:30 p.m. CT; noon to 1:30 MT; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT.
Event is free: Register HERE
* May 20: If You Have a Cat Thank EveryCat: Always Winning for Cats -
Director Jackie Ott Jaakola explains what brought her to the Foundation and shares her vision. Board President Drew Weigner, DVM, ABVP discusses the Foundation's history and recent rebranding. Board Member Anthony Hutcherson educates on the developments in genetics funded by EveryCat and how it has impacted the health of all cats. Director Emeritus Dr. Vicki Thayer, DVM, ABVP shares information about the Bria fund and strides made in Feline Infectious Peritonitis research to date, and Board Member Steve Dale, CABC shares the latest on the Ricky Fund and advances in diagnosing and treating Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Wrapping up the event, President-Elect Vickie Fisher invites you to be part of the exciting future of the Foundation.
The one hour presentation begins at noon CT; 1 p.m. ET; 11 p.m. MT; 10 p.m. PT
The event is free; register HERE.
* May 20: Rainbow Animal Assisted Therapy Annual Meeting (virtual) -
* May 19: Weave Business Growth Summit (Free) -
Roy Banks, Weave CEO, Personalizing Your Customer Growth Creating Wins in Small Businesses; Kelly Cronin Operations Support Manager, The Power of Storytelling in Social Media; Steve Dale, Modern Marketing with Traditional and Social Media; Brian Gallagher Founder & President of MEG Business Management; Attracting Patients to Your Practice; Jay Schorr, Founder Partner Schorr Solutions, Mastering Sales to Attract Customers
Free event: 11am CT; noon ET; 10am MT; 9 am PT. Register HERE: https://www.getweave.com/business-growth-summit-spring-2021/
* May 13: FETCH Veterinary Conference (virtual) -
Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress, 7 pm CT; 8 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT
* May 6: 2021 Virtual Infectious Disease Summit, presented by Merck Animal Health -
Steve Dale Moderator with Natalie Marks, DVM; Melissa Bourgeois, DVM, PhD, DACVM (Virology, Immunology); Jenifer Chatfield, DVM, PhD, DACVM (Virology, Immunology)
11 a.m. to 4:15 ET
* May 5: Cats In Crisis: The Facts About How Your Practice Can Make a Difference (Human Animal Bond Association) -
Free Facebook Human Animal Bond Association event, with Liz Bales, VMD; moderator Steve Dale, CABC (Sponsored by Human Animal Bond Association, Royal Canin)
Join the free talk HERE; 7 p.m, CT; 8 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT
* May 4: For Me to Know and For You Never to Find Out, Cats and Pain -
Free presentation, sponsored by Assisi Animal Health
11 a.m. CT; noon ET; 10 am MT; 9 a.m. PT. Join this free talk HERE.
* May 4: Decoding Your Cat: Feline Elimination Problems (Human Animal Bond Association) -
Free Facebook Human Animal Bond Association event, with Dr. Meghan Herron, DVM DAVB; Steve Dale, CABC moderates (sponsored by the Human Animal Bond Association and Royal Canin)
Join the free talk HERE; 7 p.m, CT; 8 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT
* April 22: Human Animal Bond Association: Are Your Pets in a Fear Free Home -
Live conversation with Marty Becker, DVM
At 7 p.m. CT; 8 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT. Join this Free Facebook Live event here: https://www.facebook.com/humananimalbondassociation
* April 12: Working Together to Prevent Dog Bites, Free event from AVMA -
Free event hosted by American Veterinary Medical Association, Noon CT; 1 PM ET; 11 AM MT; 10 AM PT
Steve Dale is host with panelists Douglas Kratt, DVM president American Veterinary Medical Association; Melissa Bain, DVM, DACVB professor of Clinical Animal Behavior at UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine ; Lisa Staubus, DVM Rescue Veterinarian American Humane Association; Heather Paul, public affairs specialist State Farm Insurance; Janet Ruiz director of strategic communications Insurance Institute; Victoria Stilwell, dog trainer and former host It's Me or the Dog. Watch this event at https://www.facebook.com/avmavets
* April 11: Recognizing When Your Cat is in Pain, Free Webinar -
A free webinar presented by FIP Fighters at 6 p.m. CT; 7 p.m. ET; 5 p.m. MT; 4 p.m. PT.
Register Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/171541551465243/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%2252%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22share_link%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22share_link%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A%7B%5C%22invite_link_id%5C%22%3A497077488335796%7D%7D]%22%7D
* March 25: How to Further Enrich Your Cat's Life So Your Cat Loves You Even More -
A free Facebook Live Event, hosted by Steve Dale with Liza Bales,VMD How to Further Enrich Your Cat's Life So Your Cat Loves You Even More, 7 p.m. CT; 8 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. MT; 5 p.m. PT.
Join through Human Animal Bond Association Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/humananimalbondassociation
* March 14: How to Be a Diplomat: Making Peace Among Cats and Dogs -
FIP Fighters presents this Free Facebook Live Event at 7 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. CT; 5 p.m. MT; 4 p.m PT.
* March 9: You Can’t Treat Cats If You Don’t See Them -
Presented by Assisi Animal Health. 7 p.m. ET; 6 p.m. CT; 5 p.m. MT; 4 p.m. PT
Register for this free event here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_60PgWlm2RZmaBDowDqWRlQ
* February 27: What Every Cat Owner Needs to Know About Dental Health -
FREE webinar presented by Basepaws, am participating and moderating with panelists:
Jan Bellows, DVM, DIPL, ACVD, ABVP; Adam Christman, DVM; Hunter Finn, DVM; Beckie Mossor, RVT
Register HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cat-dental-health-panel-by-leading-us-veterinary-experts-tickets-139012031729
* February 26: FETCH Veterinary Conference (virtual) -
Virtual FETCH in conjunction with Winn Feline Foundation, "Decoding Cats: What Cats Are Saying," 4:30 p.m. CT; 5:30 p.m. ET; 3:30 p.m. MT; 2:30 p.m. PT.
Virtual FETCH in conjunction with Winn Feline Foundation, "Cats Are No Longer Doormats," with Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine) 5:30 p.m. CT; 6:30 p.m. ET; 4:30 p.m. MT; 3:30 p.m. PT.
* February 9: Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy– Approaches to Understanding Disease Mechanisms -
Moderating this Free session presented as a part of the EveryCat Health Foundation webinar series with David Connolly, BSc BVetMed PhD CertVC CertSAM DipECVIM (
* February 7: Thinking Outside the Box: Adjusting the Aim -
Free webinar, presented by FIP FIghters, "Thinking Outside the Box: Adjusting the Aim," (litter box issues and indoor cats) 6 p.m. CT; 7 p.m. ET; 5 p.m. MT; 4 p.m. PT.
Join HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/1322988658060206/?ti=ls
* January 12: Pet Partners: Free Webinar Returning to AAI -
Meet the Leaders in Animal Assisted Interactions: Making Informed Decisions About Animal Assisted Interventions Re-Entry hosted with Gail Golab, PhD, DVM, MANZCVS, DACAW, Chief Veterinary Officer, Scientific Affairs and Public Policy at American Veterinary Medical Association, 4 p.m. ET, 3 p.m., CT, 2 p.m. MT., 1 p.m. PT.
Register Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/724454638276086
* January 12: Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress - https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ItVWkC4hSyqEHnN9cSeirQ
Webinar from Assisi Animal Health is Free: Register here, https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ItVWkC4hSyqEHnN9cSeirQ
Event is noon ET; 11 a.m. CT; 10 a.m. MT; 9 a.m. PT
* November 21-22: Ralph Lee's Great Smokies Veterinary Conference - Crowne Plaza, Asheville, NC
"Mining Millennials," 1 p.m.
"Even the Best Veterinarians Can't Treat Invisible Clients," 2 to 4 p.m.
"Cats Are No Longer Door Mats : How the Human Animal Bond with Cats Continues to Accelerate" 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
"Fear Free: Be the Change" 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
* November 12-14: FETCH Virtual Veterinary Conference -
November 13: 4:30 p.m. ET; 3:30 p.m. CT; 1:30 p.m. PT "Scratch to Communicate: Behavior Mod Not Declaw"
November 14: 10 a.m. ET; 9 a.m. CT; 7 a.m. PT "Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress"
November 14: 4:30 p.m. ET; 3:30 p.m. CT; 1:30 p.m. PT "Fun Feline Cases You Can Relate to: Cats are No Longer Doormats" with Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM)
* October 29-30: Vet Show at Home -
October 29: "Separation Anxiety in a Post-COVID World," with Amy Pike, DVM, DACVB, 6 p.m. ET; 5 pm. CT; 3 p.m. PT.
October 30 "Mining Millennials" 2 p.m. ET; 1 p.m. CT; 11 a.m. PT.
October 30 "How to Market and Work Social and Traditional Media," 3 p.m. ET; 2 p.m. CT; noon PT.
* October 11: Basepaws Online Cat Conference -
"Thinking Outside The Box: Adjusting the Aim," at 10 a..m. PT; noon CT, 1 p.m. ET. Minimum $10 donation for 2-day conference goes to special needs cat rescue. Register here: https://catbehaviorsummit.com/
* October 10: Basepaws Online Cat Conference -
moderator for Kurt Venator, DVM, PhD "Managing Cat Allergens at Home," 3:15 p.m. ET; 2:15 p.m. CT; 12:15 p.m. PT.
Minimum $10 donation for 2-day conference goes to special needs cat rescue. Register here: https://catbehaviorsummit.com/
* October 10: Basepaws Online Cat Conference -
Participating in panel on General Cat Behavior Issues Panel discussion with Beckie Mossor, RVT; Liz Bales, VMD; Mikel Delgado, CAAB; Tabitha Kucera, CCBC, RVT, KPA-CTP
at 2 p.m. PT; 4 p.m. CT; 5 p.m. ET. Minimum $10 donation for 2-day conference goes to special needs cat rescue. Register here: https://catbehaviorsummit.com/
* September 28-29: Mountain Veterinary Conference - Harrah Cherokee Casino Resort, Cherokee NC
"Cats Are No Longer Door Mats: How the Human Animal Bond with Cats Continues to Accelerate;" "Mining Millennials; Even the Best Veterinarians Can’t Treat Invisible Clients:" How to Market and Work Social and Traditional Media (Presented by a 30 Year Media Professional).
"Fear Free: Be the Change;" "Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress"
* September 23: For Me to Know and You Never to Find Out: Cats in Pain -
with Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DAAPM, DACVSMR, CVPP, CCRP and Steve Dale, CABC. This FREE RACE certified talk is presented by Winn Feline Foundation.
Register HERE, https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/491607450857676560.
Talk is at 11 am ET; 10 AM CT; 8 am PT
* September 14-15: Banfield Pet Industry Summit - (Virtual)
* September 10: Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress -
Free virtual event presented by Assisi Animal Health at noon ET; 11 am CT; 8 am PT.
Here is the link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/w/81082040691?tk=xaaJ0n54Gc3FwpdgMY4CBDBiM2GkhV8a1AYNt7rggv0.DQIAAAAS4N3BcxZERVFicFFkMFJMQ09YdFp5d0M2eWxnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&uuid=WN_IDgmiRiMS6KyK1n2CczctQ
* September 8: Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress -
Free virtual talk presented by Assisi Animal Health, free event at noon ET; 11 am CT; 9 am PT
Here is the link to join: https://us02web.zoom.us/w/89930452182?tk=piXmfopfQ10C2xe74TvBJs6HNc8G4J6Rg1dATHeoJGo.DQIAAAAU8EXM1hZnZTRNNm0welFCcTJ0cVBXS0RJa2FBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&uuid=WN_EUqrgLFdTyi6_sb8V2jZAw
* September 3: CVDL (Conferncia Veterinario) - Leon, Mexico (virtual) -
"Fear Free and the Science of Pheromones;" "Dogs Love Stay at Home Orders, but What's Next? What To Do About Separation Distress;" "Dogs and Not Wolves;" "Decoding Cats"
* August 30: FETCH Live (virtual) -
"Mining Millennials," at 8 p.m. ET; 7 p.m. CT; 5 pm PT
* August 28: FETCH (virtual) -
"Cats Are No Longer Door Mats: How the Human Animal Bond with Cats Continues to Accelerate, Part 1," with Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DAVIM at 8 a.m. ET; 7 am CT; 5 a.m. PT
"Cats Are No Longer Door Mats: How the Human Animal Bond with Cats Continues to Accelerate, Part 2," with Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DAVIM at 9 a.m. ET; 8 am CT; 6 a.m. PT
* August 27: Merck Animal Health Virtual Tick Summit 2020 -
Presenter and Moderator
8:30 AM ET to 5:40 PM ET
* August 20: Winn Feline Foundation Webinar: "Decoding Your Cat – Feline Elimination Problems" -
speaker: Meghan Herron, DVM, DACVB
moderated by Steve Dale
at 1 p.m. ET/ noon CT/ 10 am PT
the event is FREE (and includes RACE certification for veterinary professionals). Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1694098237426175501
* August 20: "Is It True a Dog Is a Dog? I’m 85 Years Old… Maybe a Border Collie Isn’t Right for Me?" - (Virtual)
Convention of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 4:30 to 5;20 p.m. CDT/5:30 ET/2:30 PT
* August 17: How to be a Diplomat - Making Peace Among Cats and Dogs for Pet Partners -
Pet Partners is hosting this Free webinar, join here: https://www.facebook.com/events/626040971354533
3 p.m. ET/ 2 p.m. CT/noon PT
* August 11: Dogs Love COVID-19 Stay at Home Orders, but What’s Next – Separation Distress -
Free discussion on Facebook for Vet Shows U.S.
Access here: https://www.facebook.com/vetshowsus/posts/1757526964379473?__fns&hash=Ac0Y0q0yNFvtdHwR
5:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. CT/2:30 p.m. PT
* July 2: "Dog Hugs: Fear Free and Fireworks Safety" -
hosts Larry Kay and Geralynn Cada interview Steve. It's a Free Facebook event, that you can watch here https://www.facebook.com/PositivelyWoof/
July 2, noon PT; 2 pm. CT; 3 p.m. ET.
* July 1: "Stress at the Vet: Working Together for Pet's Sake" -
with Liz Bales, VMD interviewing Kimberly Pope-Robinson, DVM about wellness in the veterinary profession and also among pet parents at this very stressful time.
This Facebook event is free, 9 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (CT), 6 p.m. (PT) Wednesday, July 1, join here: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LizBales/
* June 29: "Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat Lives" -
"Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat Lives" free webinar presented by Pet Partners, 3 p.m. CT.
* June 17: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting -
Via Zoom, 1 to 4 p.m CT
* June 16: "Dogs Love Stay at Home Orders, but What's Next? What To Do About Separation Distress" -
"Dogs Love Stay at Home Orders, but What's Next? What To Do About Separation Distress" free webinar from Pet Partners. 3 p.m. CT
* June 5: "Brain Dead Fat Cats" webinar -
"Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat Lives" (presented by Assisi Animal Health), a free webinar for veterinary professionals and all cat lovers, 1 to 1:30 p.m. CT. Register Here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RB8V3a1LRVeUrzuxoghbag
* June 3: Brain Dead Fat Cats Webinar -
"Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat Lives" (presented by Assisi Animal Health), a free webinar for veterinary professionals and all cat lovers, 1to 1:30 p.m. CT.
Register Here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RB8V3a1LRVeUrzuxoghbag
* May 30: Feline HCM - A Silent Killer: And the Piano Playing Cat Ricky -
A discussion regarding feline hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and what we know and don't know with Chris Menges, DVM, chief veterinary officer of Basepaws. Steve reminisces about the most talented cat he ever met, a cat who changed his life, named Ricky. Purchase a genetic testing kit for your cat, and proceeds benefit the non-profit Winn Feline Foundation's Ricky Fund. 2 p.m. CST. Free to join the webinar: https://www.facebook.com/basepaws/
* May 28: Heart Disease in Cats and Ricky Fund -
at noon CT, Liz Bales, VMD and Steve Dale, CABC talk with Chris Menges, DVM about heart disease in cats, and the Winn Feline Foundation Ricky Fund. The 12 p.m. (CDT) event is Free. Watch Here: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LizBales/videos/1108197536217168/
* May 24: International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants Virtual Lemonade Conference -
"It May Not be the Foundation of Youth: But it May Help: Enrichment for Senior Dogs and Cats," 8 a.m. CDT
Learn more: https://thelemonadeconference.com/
* May 21: Conversation with Bustad Award Winner, Dr. Robin Downing -
Steve Dale, and Liz Bales, VMD speak with Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DAAPM, DACVSMR, CVPP, CCRP sponsored by the Human Animal Bond Association. Topics include identifying pain and pain management; declaw of cats; and he human animal bond. Join in 6:30 p.m. CT: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LizBales/videos/723971855009389/. (There is no fee).
* May 17: Vet Team: Global Stream Conference -
10 a.m. ET.: "Dog Love COVID-19 with Stay at Home Orders. But What's Next, Separation Distress?"
11 a.m. ET "Mining Millennials: Your Best New Clients"
Learn more: https://www.vtgsconference.com/
* May 14-18: A Conversation About Pet Pet Behavior While Sheltering in Place and an Upcoming Conference -
Facebook Live event: Monique Feyrecilde BA, LVT, VTS is interviewed by Liz Bales, DMV and Steve Dale. Join in free, https://app.belive.tv/2936/guest
* May 11: Positively Woof: Stay at Home Orders, What's Next: Separation Distress -
Facebook event is Free, 2 p.m. CDT: https://www.facebook.com/PositivelyWoof/
* May 6 at 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm: Human Animal Bond Association Meet-Up with Dr. Marty Becker - Founder of Fear Free -
Marty Becker, DVM joins Liz Bales VMD and Steve Dale, CABC in a monthly series of free discussions from the Human Animal Bond Association.
Dr. Becker will talk about Fear Free Shelters, Fear Free Happy Homes and the Healing Power of Pets (actually the name of a book he authored) during this stressful time. We'll also take your questions.
This online event is FREE. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LizBales/videos/287309002291650/?vh=e&d=n
* May 4: Positively Woof: COVID-19 and Our Pets, The Latest -
Facebook event with Larry Kay is Free, 2 p.m. CDT: https://www.facebook.com/PositivelyWoof/
* April 28 at 7:00 pm: The American Animal: Decoding Your Cat - https://www.facebook.com/Dr.LizBales/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
Decoding Your Cat with lead editor veterinary behaviorist Meghan Herron, DVM, DACVB interviewed by Dr. Liz Bales, VMD and Steve Dale. An opportunity to decode your own cat, and ask questions, April 28, 7 p.m. CT/8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. Click HERE to partake in the live video event (it’s free, too!) I was honored to write the book’s introduction.
* April 23 at 11:00 am: Dogs Love COVID-19: Stay at Home Orders and Separation Anxiety -
Free webinar at 11 am CDT.
Predicting we will see more separation when all gets back to normal. What you can do now to get ahead of the problem, including a new (non drug) therapy.
Join HERE: https://assisianimalhealth.com/pet-owners/webbies/
* April 21 at 11:00 am: Dogs Love COVID-19: Stay at Home Orders and Separation Anxiety -
Free webinar at 11 am CDT.
Predicting we will see more separation when all gets back to normal. What you can do now to get ahead of the problem, including a new (non drug) therapy.
Join HERE: https://assisianimalhealth.com/pet-owners/webbies/
* April 7 at 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Separation Anxiety following the COVID Crisis - on DogTV https://www.facebook.com/dogtv/
Great we're spending more time with our pets but will dogs (in particular) pay a price? And what you can do now to mitigate the spike in separation distress we're likely to see when we all go back to work.
* March 19-20: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting and Grant Review - Cambria Hotel, Bloomington, MN
* February 23 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Lincoln State Cat Show - Kane County Fairgrounds (Prairie Center 525 Randall Rd.) St Charles, IL
"Latest Updates From the Winn Feline Foundation, Including News From the FIP Symposium, and How Fear Free is Transforming the World For Cats"
* February 20 at 8:00 am to 12:00 pm: Human Animal Bond Association Board Meeting - Four Seasons Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
* February 19 at 8:00 am to 9:50 am: Western Veterinary Conference - Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
"I'm 85-Years Old: Why a Border Collie Isn't Right for Me" and "Who Are You Really? Unlocking the Key to What Makes a Dog Tick," with Kim Brophey, CDBC, CPDT-KA.
* January 24 at 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm: Flights for Felines for a Chicago Kitten Nursery - Pillar Loft (910 W. Jackson), Chicago, IL
attendee to benefit support building a kitten nursery
* January 20 at 2:50 pm to 4:50 pm: VMX - Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL
"I'm 85-Years Old: Why a Border Collie Isn't Right for Me" and "Who Are You Really? Unlocking the Key to What Makes a Dog Tick," with Kim Brophey, CDBC, CPDT-KA.
* December 13: Fetch Veterinary Conference - San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Dr., San Diego, CA
9 to 11 a.m. with Robin Downing, "The Scratch to Communicate: Declaw is NOT Necessary"
11 a.m. "Millennials: the Trampoline Allowing Vet Visits to Bounce Back"
2 p.m. "The Human-Animal Bond: Is It Possible to be Over-Bonded?"
* November 19-21: Canopy Animal Thought Leader Summit (on CBD for pets) - Ottawa, Canada
* November 16-17: Winn Feline Foundation FIP Symposium: PURRsuing FIP and WINNing - University of California School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA
As Winn Feline Education Co-Chair, assisted in organizing this important event, as world renowned investigators are meeting to discuss feline infectious peritonitis (FIP). Topics will include new treatment protocols and where drugs for FIP may come from in the future; advice on what to do if a kitten is a diagnosed with FIP as well as misinformation regarding diagnosis and treatment. Experts on shelter medicine and genetics will also participate. Learn more via the Winn Feline Foundation.
* November 14-3 12 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo -
"A Better Way to Engage: Social Media and Digital Marketing," with Jeff Wallen, In Touch Practice Communications
* November 11-12: Companion Animal Nutrition Symposium: The Science of Cats - Boulder, CO
Moderator (day one: Reimagining the Power of Feline Nutrition)
* November 7 at 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm: We Want to Tickle Your Funny Bone: Benefit for Friends of Chicago Animal Care & Control - iO Theatre, 1501 N. Kingsbury Street, Chicago, IL
* October 31-11 2: 2019 American Association of Feline Practitioners 5th World Feline Veterinary Conference - Hilton Union Square Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Attendee, and judge for enrichment contest
* October 16 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm: Safe Haven Network: Community Ideation Session - The Network (1 East Wacker Dr., Suite 1630), Chicago, IL
a collaborative exercise to discover new, innovative solutions to obstacles facing domestic violence survivors and their pets
* October 9: Macomb Community College Veterinary Technician Alumni Dinner - University Center Macomb Community College, Macomb, MI
Featured speaker: "Fear Free: Be the Change"
* October 5 at 7:00 pm: International Association of Animal Hospice & Palliative Care Conference - Hilton (5550 N. River Rd.) , Rosemont, IL
dinner emcee - "Fear Free: Jeopardy Host"
* October 2-3: 2019 Wisconsin Badger State Humane Conference - Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Rothschild, WI
Keynote: October 2: "Be Aware: The Human Animal Bond"
October 3: "Fear Free: Be the Change"
* September 20: Pet Partners Conference: Partnering with a Purpose - Marriott Rivercenter, San Antonio, TX
11:05 a.m.: "Dogs are Not Wolves"
2:05 p.m.: "Brain Dead Fat Cats: Enriching Cat's Lives "(feline enrichment) and "Unemployed Dogs" (canine enrichment)
* September 11-12: Banfield Pet Industry Leadership Summit 2019 - Sentinel Hotel; Portland, OR
* September 4-6: CVDL (Conferncia Veterinario) - Leon, Mexico
noon to 12:50 p.m.: "Pet Meets Baby,"
1 p.m. to 2 p.m. "Grrrr.....Dogs are NOT Wolves"
9 a.m. "Real Word Pet Behavior, Talking the Talk"
10 a.m. "Science of Pheromones in Cats"
6:30 p.m. "Science of Pheromones in Dogs"
7:30 p.m. "Welfare 101"
10 a.m. "Fear Free: Be the Change:
* August 23-24: Fetch DVM 360 Veterinary Conference - Kansas City, MO
August 23: "Cats as Authors: The Scratch to Communicate," with Robin Downing, DVM, MS, DAAPM, DACVSMR, CVPP, CCRP, 3 to 4:50 p.m.
August 24: "Millennials: The Trampoline Allowing Vet Visits to Bounce Back" 9 to 9:50 a.m.
August 24: "Human Animal Bond: Is it Possible to be Over Bonded?" 10 to 10:50 a.m.
* August 21-22: Purina Human-Animal Bond Symposium - Purina/Purina Institute, St. Louis, MO
* August 8-9: CVDL (Conferncia Veterinario) - Pereria, Columbia
August 8: "Decoding Cats: What Are Cats Saying," "How to be a Diplomat: Making Peace Among Cats and Dogs," "Pet Meet Baby," "Grrrr....Dogs are Not Wolves."
August 9: "Welfare 101" and "Fear Free: Be the Change"
* August 2 at 2:00 pm to 2:50 pm: Convention of the American Veterinary Medical Association - Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C.
"Millennials: The Trampoline Allowing Vet Visit to Bounce Back"
* August 1: 2019 International Veterinary Behaviour Meeting (IVBM) - Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel (999 Ninth St.)
* July 27: 56th Annual Conference of the Animal Behavior Society and 36th International Ethological Conference - University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
11: 25 a.m. "Fear Free; Be the Change"
* July 26: American Pet Nutrition Pet Longevity Summit - Chicago, IL
* July 21: Meow Meet Up: Cat Convention - Rosemont Convention Center, Rosemont, IL
"Fear Free: Be the Change"
"Brain Dead Fat Cats: Feline Enrichment"
* July 19 at 9:00 am to 11:00 am: Groom Texas - NRG Center, Houston, TX
"A Better Way to Engage: Social Media & Digital Marketing," with Bill Schroeder
* June 29-30 at 12:45 pm: CATCON - Pasadena, CA Convention Center
"Kitten Kindergarten Workshop"
* June 21: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting - Baltimore, MD
* June 6: ANIVIVE VIP Launch Party - Heard Museum of Native American Art (2301 North Central Ave) Phoenix, AZ
at American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum
* May 18 at 9:00 am to 1:00 pm: 25th Annual Bark in the Park, benefiting Anti Cruelty Society - Soldier Field Stadium Green 1410 Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL
Co-emcee with Bart Shore, WBBM-radio, and Roz Varon and Hosea Sanders, WLS-TV
* May 14 at 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm: On the Table Meeting: Anti Cruelty Society Open Door Housing Campaign - Anti Cruelty Society (Grand and LaSalle), Chicago, IL
* May 2-5: CAN Summit: Purina Companion Animal Nutrition Summit - Intercontinental Hotel, San Jose Costa Rica
May 4: Moderating "Rethinking Feeding Behaviors"
* April 11: Intergroom, Secaucus, NJ - Meadowlands Exposition Center
"A Better Way to Engage: Nothing to Sneeze At," with Bill Schroeder
* March 28: VMG18 Spring Meeting - Hyatt Regency, Newport Beach, CA
"Millennials: The Trampoline Allowing Vet Visit to Bounce Back" and "Fear Free, Cat Friendly Practices: What Feline Practitioners Can Do to Engage Clients and Cats"
* March 14-15: Winn Feline Foundation Board of Directors Meeting and Grant Review Session - Chandler, AZ
* March 7-9: Congressio International de Comportamiento Animal - Mexico City, Mexico
"Fear Free Be the Change," "Dogs are Not Wolves," "Science of Pheromones: Cats," "Good Kitty to Bad Kitty: Dealing with the Most Common Cat Behavior Problems"
* March 2: Therapy Animal Expo & Symposium: Keynote Speaker - Jacksonsville, FL
9 a.m.: Keynote;
11:15 a.m. "Fear Free: Be the Change"
* February 24: Lincoln State Cat Show - Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 South Randall Rd, St. Charles IL
"Fear Free: Be the Change" and "50 Years of the Winn Feline Foundation: A Cat Health Update." Also presentation at noon of the Super Hero Volunteer Award
* February 20 at 8:30 am: Western Veterinary Conference "Millennials: The Trampoline Allowing Vet Visit to Bounce Back" - Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
* February 15-16: Human-Animal Bond Association Board Meeting and strategic sessions - Las Vegas, NV
* February 11-12: Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
* February 10: Dog Writers Association of America Annual Banquet - The New Yorker, 481 Eight Ave., Herald Square Room 3rd Fl, New York, NY
Keynote speaker - https://dogwriters.org/event/
* January 27: Treating Cats with a new CATitude - Windy Kitty Cat Cafe (1746 W North Ave.) Chicago IL
with Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP (feline)
* January 21 at 8:00 am to 9:15 am: "Millennials: The Trampoline Allowing Vet Visit to Bounce Back" - VMX Veterinary Conference, Orlando, FL
* January 21 at 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm: “Opening Up a Can of Worms: Experts Weigh in on Updated American Heartworm Society Guidelines” - VMX Veterinary Conference, Orlando, FL
Moderating session with Byron Blagburn, MS, PHD; Cassan Pulaski, DVM; Christopher. Rehm, Sr., DVM; . Edward Wakem, DVM.
*December 9: Decoding the Fearful Dog, from the Sounding Beginning Program, Fountain View Recreation Center, 910 Gary Ave., Carol Stream, IL.
4 p.m. Steve Dale, CABC “Fear Free: Be the Change”
5:15 p.m.John Ciribassi, DVM, DACVB “Fear-Based Aggression”
7:15 p.m. Steven Frost, KPA CTP, SBA, CPBT-KA “Force-Free Training”
$75 admission for professions and shelter volunteers, dinner included.www.asoundbeginningprogram.com
*December 15-16: Fetch/WAG Conference (San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA)
At Fetch: Dec 15: 11:15 a.m. “Cats are Authors: The Scratch to Communicate”
At WAG Dec 15 and 16:
2:40 p.m. “Bored Fat Cats: How to Enrich Your Cat’s Life”
3 p.m. “Cats Are Authors: The Scratch to Communicate”
3:20 p.m. “Fear Free(SM): Veterinary Visits Start at Home”
* November 3: Heartland Animal Shelter Golden Paw Gala 2018 (Sunset Ridge Country Club, Northfield, IL)
Special guest speaker
*October 30: Purina Pet Food Tour (Clinton Iowa)
* October 25: Big Night Benefit for Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control (Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St., Chicago)
Emcee with Paul Lisnek of CLTV and WGN-TV
*October 24: "Treating Cats with a new CATitude" with Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP (feline). (Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY)
* October 20: Chicago Mutt Strut, Benefiting Chicago Canine Rescue (Chicago IL)
11 a.m. to 3 p..m Southport Avenue at Newport Street (walk at noon)
* October 15: Discussion with Chicago Mayoral Candidate Paul Vallas on animal welfare related issues (Suzler Regional Library, 4455 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL)
* October 12: Susan Russell Send Off: Benefit for Famous Fido Rescue and Adoption Center and a dog named Wilson's perpetual care (Atlantic Pub, 5062 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL)
$20 suggested donation, event at 7 p.m.
* October 6: Pet Halloween Fashion Show (Chalet, 3132 Lake Avenue, Wilmette, IL)
9 a.m. ribbon cutting ceremony
10 a.m. Judge pet Halloween fashion show
Events and activities continue through the weekend
* September 28: Barkleigh Groom Expo (Hershey, PA)
7 to 9 p.m. “Fear Free Be the Change”
* September 16: Puppy Mill Project March (Chicago, IL)
Plaza of the Americas, 448 N. Michigan Avenue (next door to Wrigley Building). Emcee and lead march to promote puppy mill awareness. Chicago Police Department Chaplain Bob Montelongo will bless the dogs.
*September 5-6: Congreso Veterinario De León (Leon, Mexico)
Sept. 5: “Thinking Outside the Box: Adjusting Aim;” “Brain Dead Fat Cats,” “Decoding Cats;” “Fear Free: Be the Change”
Sept 6: “Utilization of Pheromones in Cats;” “Utilization of Pheromones in Dogs”
*September 10: 2018 Pet Sitter World Conference & Expo (Mrytle Beach, SC)
8:15 to 9:15 am: “Fear Free Be the Change”
* September 11: Banfield Summit (Portland, OR)
*August 25: All American Grooming Show (Schaumburg, IL)
11 a.m.to noon – “Fear Free Be the Change,” and 2-3 to “Decoding Cats”
*August 17-18: Animal Assisted Intervention International (AAII) Conference (Continuing Education and Conference Center, University of Minnesota campus, 1890 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN)
August 17: 4 p.m. “Fear Free Be the Change”
August 18: 9 a.m.. “Enrichment: How AAI Is Right for Some, Not for All”
*July 25: International Cat Care: Finding Better Ways to Help Unowned Cats Worldwide (House of Lords, London, England)
*July 21: Meow MeetUp Chicago (Rosemont Convention Center, Rosemont, IL)
10 a.m. Keynote Speaker “Cats are the Rodney Dangerfield of Pets”
12:15: “Love Letters to Cats”
2 p.m. “Cats as Authors: The Scratch to Communicate”
*July 13-17: American Veterinary Medical Association Convention (Denver, CO)
*July 12: Veterinary Behavior Symposium (Denver, CO)
*June 27: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting (Atlanta, GA)
June 28: Winn Feline Foundation Symposium (Crowne Plaza Atlanta , 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd., Atlanta, GA)
Emcee with Katie Tolbert, DVM, PhD, DACVIM College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee on “Perplexing Paradigms of Feline Medicine” and Melissa Beall, DVM, PhD, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.; Portland, ME on “Feline Leukemia Virus: Past, Present and Perpetually Perplexing.”
*June 25-26: American Association of Feline Practitioners Cat Friendly Practices at Purina (St. Louis, MO) speaking to veterinary student leaders with with Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP (feline).
*June 6: Facebook live host “Heroes Know the Truth About Dog Flu: What’s Real and What’s Not,” 6 p.m. CDT (HERE is where you can view the event and it will be shared on my Facebook fan page. ).
7 p.m. Moderator The Heroes for Healthy Pets™ Infectious Disease Management Certification Program with Robert Armentano, DVM, DACVIM and Jennifer Herring, DVM, MS, DACVECC at Veterinary Specialty Center, 1515 Busch Parkway, Buffalo Grove, IL
*June 5: Memorial Tribute to Dr. Donna Alexander (Cook County Building, Chicago, IL).
*May 30: Urban Resources Institute presents “Domestic Violence and Pets: Protecting the Hidden Victim” (New York, NY)
Panel moderator for this major press event and Facebook live, a announcement will be made to change the course of protecting all victims of domestic violence .
*May 19: Bark in the Park to Benefit Anti Cruelty Society Chicago (The Stadium Green next to Soldier Field 1410 Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL)
* May 14: Chicago Veterinary Conference (Sheraton Grand Chicago, 301 E North Water St, Chicago, IL)
*May 11: Puppy Mill Project Benefit: Jeans and Jewels (Hotel Allegro, 171 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL)
*May 5: K-9 Reading Buddies of the North Shore K-9 Pup Strut & Expo (Sunset Woods, 1801 Sunset Rd., Highland Park, IL)
K-9 Reading Buddies of the North Shore, in partnership with the Park District of Highland Park, celebrates 10 years of service with the K9 Pup Strut & Expo which Steve kicks off, and emcees associated events, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
May 2: Speaking about Fear Free and cat behavior with Dr. Olah at the Santa Maria Valley Humane Society
*May 1: Celebrating Fantastic Felines, Santa Maria Valley Humane Society event at Presqu’lle Winery (Santa Maria, CA)
“Fear Free: Be The Change” and “Decoding Cats,” also with Glenn Olah, DVM, PhD, DABVP/Feline “Ending Feline Infectious Peritonitis & Winn Feline Research Update”
*April 28: New York Cat Film Festival, (Patio Theater, 6008 Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL)
Host to introduce the film festival, which benefits the Winn Feline Foundation
*April 28: South Suburban Humane Society: Spotlight Gala (500 Holiday Plaza, Matteson, IL)
Emcee and recipient Community Partner Awards for bringing attention to the Canine Influenza crisis in the Chicago area
*April 19-20: IAABC (International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants) USA 2018 Animal Behavior Conference (Burlington, MA)
April 19: “Fear Free: Be the Change” 2:45 to 4 p.m.
April 20: “Kitten Socialization” 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.; “Cats and Dogs Living Together,” 11:15 to 12:15 and participant on Fear Free panel, 3:45 to 4:45 p.m.
*April 10-11: Mountain Veterinary Conference, Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort (Cherokee, TN)
April 10: “Thinking Outside the Box: Adjusting the Aim,” “Cats Are Authors: Scratching to Communicate,” “Kitten Socialization Classes,” “Dogs Are Not Wolves,” “Unemployed Dogs: Canine Enrichment”
April 11: “Fear Free: Be the Change,” “Brain Dead Fat Cats: Feline Enrichment”
*March 7: North Carolina Academy of Small Animal Medicine (Dennis Wicker Civic Center, Sanford, NC)
“Fear Free: Be the Change”
*March 5-6: Western Veterinary Conference (Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas, NV)
*February 25: Lincoln State Cat Show (Kane County Fairgrounds, St. Charles, IL)
“Cat Health Update from 50 Years of Winn Feline Foundation: And Fearful Cats to Fear Free,” 1 p.m.
*February 22: “Pour Your Heart Out” benefiting Anti Cruelty Society, Chicago (Union League Club Chicago, 65 W. Jackson)
*February 16: For the Love of Pets Benefit for Friendship Pet Food Pantry at Begyle Brewing (1800 W. Cuyler, Chicago, IL).
*February 3-7: VMX Conference (Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL):
February 4: 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. “The Vanishing Cat: You Can’t Cure Them If You Don’t See Them,” with Elizabeth Colleran, DVM
February 4: Noon to 1:30 p.m. Lunch talk: “Communication that Leads to Real World Compliance,” with Julie Legred, CVT
February 5: 3:50 to 4:55 p.m. “Fear Free Be the Change”
February 5: 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Moderating session: “Lead the Way Save More Lives: A Practical Discussion on Leadership, Innovation and New Protocols,” with Iain Prior BVSc, CVJ; Nancy Soares VMD.
February 6: 6:30 to 7:30 Technician breakfast, “Communication that Leads to Real World Compliance; ” with Julie Legred, CVT.
*November 25: Guest speaker fundraiser for SPCA Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
*November 12: Fear Free Symposia (Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, 1401 W. 22nd St, Oak Brook, IL) “Fear Free: Be the Change”
*November 11: Assisi Animal Foundation (Crystal Lake, IL). Annual Diner Dance, Key Note Speaker: “Fear Free: Be the Change”
*November 3: Host for premiere screening “Aires” (Lincoln Center, 61 West 62nd Street, New York, NY). Proceeds of the screening benefit the Winn Feline Foundation. Tickets are $16.
*November 2: Animal Medical Center (510 E. 62nd Street, New York, NY). “Fear Free: Be the Change”
*November 1: New York Veterinary Medical Association (Wells Fargo, 150 E. 42nd Street, New York, NY). “Feline and Canine Enrichment: Brain Dead Fat Cats & Unemployed Dogs”
*October 25: Big Night Benefit for Chicago Animal Care and Control, from Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control (Chicago Cultural Center, Chicago, IL). Emcee for the annual benefit featuring Chicago’s best chefs, and stars of the Chicago Fire TV show.
*October 20: Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) 24th Annual Education Conference (Richmond, VA). Presenter “How to Be a Diplomat – Making Peace Among Cats and Dogs”
*October 7: Chicago Canine Rescue Mutt Strut (Chicago, IL) Emcee/Strut Marshall. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Walks begins at corners of Newport St. and Southport Ave. in Wrigleyville at 1 p.m.
*September 18: Puppy Up, Chicago Walk (near Montrose Avenue Beach, Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL). Emcee for rally, and host of Facebook Live ‘Green Carpet’ event. Puppy Up supports funding for comparative medicine studies of cancers in dogs/cancers in people.
*September 17: Puppy Mill Awareness Day March (Michigan Avenue at the Wrigley Building, Chicago, IL). Emcee for rally and march down Michigan Avenue.
*September 12-13: Purina Behind the Bowl (St. Louis, MO). Moderator, “How Science and Expertise Sets the Stage,” “The Role of Regulations in Pet Foods”
*September 9: Pet Partners Conference: Professionalizing the Passion (Bellevue, WA). “What the Heck Cats are Saying: Decoding Cats” and “Fear Free: Be the Change”
*September 6-7: Veterinary Congress Leon, CVDL Leon (Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico). Eights talks for the second time at the largest veterinary conference in Mexico/Latin America.
Sept. 6: “Good Kitty to Bad Kitty” (common cat behavior problems, 2 parts), “Pet Meets Baby,” and “Bad Cat or Sick Cat: Is it Behavior of Medical,” with Susan Little, DVM, DABVP (feline).
Sept. 7 : “Dogs Weren’t Bred To Be Couch Potatoes: Why We Must Enrich Our Dogs’ Lives (canine enrichment), “Brain Dead Fat Cats” (feline enrichment),”Real World Pet Behavior” (case studies: pet behavior) and “Fear Free: Be the Change”
* September 1: Host/Emcee fundraiser for Windy Kitty Cat Cafe & Lounge (1746 W North Avenue, Chicago, IL). Benefit, which includes an auction, and lots of veggie food and drink, starts at 6:30 p.m.
*August 22: NAVC Live (Portland, OR). “Decoding Dogs and Cracking Cat Conduct: Why Clients Aren’t Turning to Veterinary Professionals”
*August 17: Association of Professional Dog Trainers (presentation by Webinar) “Fear Free: Be the Change”
*August 15: Bowling for Rhinos (Chicago, IL). Lincoln Park Chapter of the American Association of Zoo Keepers fundraiser to support rhinoceros conservation. Appearance at the event.
*August 13: Canine Cruise for Friends of Chicago Animal Care & Control (Chicago, IL). I am the honorary captain for this dog-friendly ride up the Chicago River and out to Lake Michigan, benfiting Friends of Chicago Animal Care & Control.
*August 3-4: Sun N Fun Veterinary Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC
August 3: Presentations: “Pet Meets Baby,” “Dogs Weren’t Bred To Be Couch Potatoes: Why We Must Enrich Our Dogs’ Lives (canine enrichment), “Brain Dead Fat Cats” (feline enrichment), “Good Kitty to Bad Kitty” (common cat behavior problems), “Real World Pet Behavior” (case studies: pet behavior).
August 4: Presentations with Theresa DePorter, DVM, MRCVS, DECAWBM, DACVB, “Getting Pets to Vets: Barriers to Veterinary Care for the Cat,” “Getting Pets to Vets: Empathy and Identifying Symptoms of Feline Distress,” Getting Pets to Vets: Tools and Strategies for Feline Training,” “Getting Pets to Vets: Pheromones, Nutraceuticals and Medications for Reducing Feline Distress,” “Fear Free: Be the Change,” “How To Diffuse Kitty Conflicts.”
*July 31: Ovarian Cancer Symptom Awareness Annual Dinner (Boulder Ridge Country Club) Lake in the Hills, IL. Introduce guest speaker researcher Cynthia Otto, DVM, PhD Penn Vet Working Dog Center, working with dogs to create an early screening test for ovarian cancer.
*July 21-25: AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) Convention, Indianapolis, IN.
July 21: 11 a.m.: Introducing Fix by Five initiative on pediatric spay/neuter of cats.
July 21: 4:50 p.m.: Presentation of AVMA Humane Award to Joan Miller
July 24: 7 a.m. Moderator “Lead the Way Save More Lives: A Practical Discussion on Leadership, Innovation and New Protocols,” with Iain Prior BVSc, CVJ, Nancy Soares VMD.
*July 20: 2017 Veterinary Behavior Symposium, Indianapolis, IN, at JW Marriott. Attendee.
* July 6: Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists Veterinary Behaviour Chapter Science Week, Gold Coast, Australia. Participant via Skype “Benefits of Kitten Kindy,” 1:50 AM CDT
*June 29: Winn Feline Foundation Symposium, Fairmont Hotel (200 N. Columbus Dr.), Chicago, IL.
Moderator: “Ending FIP: Is there Hope?” Niels Pedersen, DVM, PhD Distinguished Professor Emeritus University of California-Davis, 4 to 6:30 p.m. Also, celebration of 50 years of the Winn Feline Foundation.
*June 28: Mondog (Montrose) Dog Beach, Chicago, IL. offering free swag and free behavior advice in conjunction with the Good Stuff Pet Truck , 5 to 7 p.m. for Vita Bone Trainers and Supreme Source pet foods.
*June 27, 28: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting and strategic planning, Chicago, IL. Fairmont Hotel (200 N.Columbus Dr.). Steve serves on Board of Directors, Winn Feline Foundation.
*June 24 puppyup Companions Again Cancer Foundation, Chicago, IL: One of several speakers about how cancer is the same in dogs and people. So by studying dogs and coming up with solutions, we may be helping people – comparative medicine is a good idea. Noon at Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, 1120 N. State Street. Public is invited.
* June 23 Take Your Dog to Work Day Facebook Live, from the Nerdery, Chicago, IL Interviewing employees, and even their dogs, as well as an expert from the Human-Animal Bond Research Initiative (HABRI), and revealing new data on pets in the workplace from Purina.
*May 21: Bark in the Park, Chicago, IL benefiting Anti Cruelty Society, co-emcee for what is billed as “Chicago’s largest dog party,” as thousands of dogs (and people) participate at the Green adjacent to Solider Field, including – for those who like – a scenic 5K walk along the Chicagolakefront, starting at 8 a.m.
* May 19: Central Veterinary Conference, Virginia Beach, VA
May 19: Cat Friendly Practices, American Association of Feline Practitioners “No Pain No Gain Revealing the Secret Sauce: How a Positive Feline Veterinary Experience Will Matter” (2 parts) and “Communications Boot Camp, The Feline Enigma” also with Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP.
May 19: “The Power of Enrichment: For Your Patients’ Heath and Your Practice’s Well-Being”
May 20: Ask The Expert Luncheon: “Media Training 101: Fight or Flight, What to Say and to Never Say”
*May 18: Cat Writers’ Association/BlogPaws, Sheraton at Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Moderator: WINN Feline Foundation panel – “Supporting Cat Health Studies, and Providing a Resource for Cat Writers/Bloggers” with Winn Feline President Elect Shila Nordone, PhD and Winn Feline Executive Director Vicki Thayer, DVM, ABPV
Moderator: American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) panel – “Cat Friendly Practices Begin at Home: How Your Help is Needed to Save Cat Lives” with Ken Lambrecht, DVM and his cat, Bug.
*May 13: Puppy Mill Project Mother in the Mills Benefit, Chicago, IL: Steve attends this benefit, as he doe annually. Because of organizations like the Puppy Mill Project,something is being done to support awareness of puppy mills, which sadly continue to thrive. .The event is at Moonlight Studios (1446 W. Kinzie Street), 7 p.m. The band Out of Control performs. Paul Lisnek of WGN-TV and CLTV is the emcee. Another way to help A support the Puppy Mill Project is to purchase a coffee table book featuring Chicago celebrities and their pets.The Chicago Pet Project is a ginormous book filled with images of notable Chicagoans and their beloved pets taken by photographer Karen Morgan, which I am honored to be included in.
*May 11: Westown Veterinary Clinic, Madison, WI. For Ken Lambrecht, DVM, Steve speaks about kitten socialization classes, “A Kitten’s Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste,” 6605 Mineral Point Road, Madison, 6:30 p.m. A benefit for Dane County Friends of Ferals, $5
* May 4-6: 2017 Nestlé Purina Companion Animal Nutrition (CAN) Summit, Vancouver, British Columbia, CA. Attendee.
* April 30: Fear Free Symposia, Phoenix, AZ Steve’s talk is “Why the Public Is Demanding the Veterinary Profession Look After the Emotional Wellbeing of Pets,” as a contributor to a long symposia with Marty Becker, DVM; Gary Landsberg, DVM, DACVB, DECAWBM (CA); Debbie Martin, RVT, CPDT-KA, KPA CTP, VTS, Kathryn Primm, DVM
*April 6-7: Latin American Veterinary Conference, Lima, Peru. Talks include “Pets and Babies,” “The Other Side of the Human-Animal Bond,” “Case Studies: Is It Bad Behavior,” “Fear Free,” “Marketing 101 with Traditional and Social Media: You Can’t Help Clients You’re Not Seeing”
*March 30-April 2: American Animal Hospital Association Conference, Nashville, TN.
With Elizabeth Colleran, DVM, DABVP on Cat Friendly Practices “Communications Enigma, See More Cats!” and “No Pain, More Gain: Revealing the Secret Sauce. How a Positive Veterinary Experience WILL Matter.”
Moderate session on changing heartworm protocols, “Lead the Way, Save More Lives.”
*March 22: ASA (American Society on Aging) Conference, Chicago, IL Moderator “Better Together:Health Aging for Pets and People.” Panel includes Zara Boland, BVSc, BE, MRCVS; Steven Hannah, PhD; Matt Kaeberlein, PhD, Gerardo Pérez-Camorgo, PhD, DVM.
*March 13: SouthXSW, Austin, TX “Do You Speak Dog?”
Panelist with Pilley Bianchi of Chaser “The World’s Smartest Dog,” Loni Edwards of the Dog Agency and Herbie Calves of Link AKC.
* March 12; Fear Free Symposia, Dallas, TX Steve’s talk is “Why the Public Is Demanding the Veterinary Profession Look After the Emotional Wellbeing of Pets,” as a contributor to day long symposia with Marty Becker, DVM; Jonathon Bloom, DVM; Debbie Martin, RVT, CPDT-KA, KPA CTP, VTS (Behavior); Lis Radosta, DVM, DACVB.
*March 9-10: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting, Winn Feline Foundation Grant Review Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
*March 5-8: Western Veterinary Conference, Las Vegas, NV. Attendee.
*March 1: North Carolina Academy of Small Animal Medicine, Sanford, NC. Fear Free presentation, and moderator for presentations and lowering pet anxiety and Double Defense heartworm protection with Byron Blagburn, PhD; Valarie Tynes, DVM, DACVB, Robert Wirtz, PhD.
*February 9: Recipient, Nobivac Pet Journalist of the Year Award, presented to Steve at New York Pet Fashion Show, New York. NY. https://www.stevedalepetworld.com/steve-dale-wins-journalist-year-dog-flu-coverage/ .
*February 3-7: North American Veterinary Conference, Orlando, FL. Attendee.
*December 1-2: Colonial Veterinary Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
Steve talks about bringing home babies to pets (preparation to avoid issues and what to do if there are issues), kitten socialization classes, environmental enrichment for dogs and cats and various cat behavior topics. One big time passion, and program is with Theresa DePorter, DVM ECAWBM, DACVB as together they explain how to get Pets to Vets.
*November26: Guest speaker fundraiser for SPCA Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
* November 5: Scientific Advisory Board Meeting, Pet Partners, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. Presentation: “Breed Specific Legislation: Does It Make Sense?”
* November 4: Centers For Human-Animal Bond Conference, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. Attendee.
* November 2: North Carolina Academy of Small Animal Medicine, Sanford, NC Moderator for day-long continuing education on Double Defense heartworm protection, and parasite control in cats, with Michael Lappin, DVM, PhD, DACVIM; Bryon Bagburn, PhD, John McCall, PhD.
*September 7-10 Veterinary Congress Leon, CVDL Leon leon, Guanajuato, Mexico. Presenting eight talks on various animal behavior topics, including enriching lives of dogs and cats, common cat behavior problems, taking various real world dog and cat behavior problems (case studies) and solving them, and are there actually downsides to the human/animal bond? http://cvdl.com.mx/
*August 5-9: Convention of the American Veterinary Medical Association, San Antonio, TX. Attendee.
*June 25: Blogpaws, Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Phoenix, AZ.
“The Secrets to Successful SEO: What to Say and How to Say It?” with Bill Schroeder, inTouch Practice Communications.
Creating a blog and actually getting it read by your target audience are two different, very important things. Do you ever wonder if your hard work is paying off? Understanding analytics and what makes your blog attractive and findable should be of high priority. When you do reach people, what are you saying? Bill and Steve talk content, how to develop ideas, and how to use credible sources. But what if you just don’t feel like writing, or you’re “blocked?”
*June 4: LaGrange Pet Parade: America’s Original Pet Parade. One of Steve’s dogs, Hazel, makes an appearance too! LaGrange, IL. Previously, Steve’s previously been a Grand Marshall or co-Grand Marshall five times.
Of course, watching the parade – which includes hundreds of pets (mostly dogs, but an occasional cat in a carrier even hamster in a cage) – is free.
*April 30: 11th Annual Applied Animal Behavior Conference, University of Wisconsin College of Veterinary Medicine, Madison, WI (at the Alliant Energy Center). Steve presents 9 a.m. to noon, on enriching lives of dogs, enriching lives of cats and the new Fear Free initiative (how to lower stress in veterinary clinics, and why that matters to animals and their people. Steve believes many animals actually think they are literally going to die at veterinary offices – he explains).
*March 30-April 2: American Animal Hospital Association Conference in Austin, TX. Attendee.
*March 10-11: Winn Feline Foundation Board Meeting and Grant Review Meeting, Las Vegas, NV. Steve is on the Board of Directors of the Winn Feline Foundation.
*March 6-9: Western Veterinary Conference (Mandalay Bay Hotel/Convention Center) in Las Vegas, NV. At 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 8 Steve participates in a session about the dog flu, “Chicago: Lessons Learned,” with Melissa Bourgois, , DVM, PhD, DACVIM and Natalie Marks, DVM. http://www.eventscribe.com/2016/WVC/aaSearchBySpeaker.asp?BCFO=P
*March 3: Steve is host at the premiere of the movie “The Champions,” the story of the Michael Vick Fighting Dogs, AMC River East 21 (322 E. Illinois St., Chicago, IL), at 7 p.m. This documentary is the story of the dogs rescued from Vick’s dog fighting ring. While there was a cry to euthanize all the dogs, Best Friends Animal Society outrightly rejected that idea. It’s a story of redemption, hope and overcoming prejudice. Steve will offer some words following the screening, and host a Q & A session with several representatives of Best Friends.
*March 1-2: Steve participates in a Pet Partners round-table discussion, Bellevue, WA with various experts to to discuss the creation of a set of evaluation exercises designed for Pet Partner teams working with children in animal assisted therapy or animal assisted activity sessions. Steve serves the Pet Partners Human-Animal Bond Scientific Advisory Board. Learn more: https://petpartners.org/.
*February 26-27: Midwest Veterinary Conference (Greater Columbus Convention Center, 400 N High St, Columbus). Steve speaks with veterinary Theresa DePorter, DVM, DACVB, ECAWBM about “Getting Pets to Vets” and he also talks about “Brain Dead Fat Cats” (enriching cats’ lives) and “Unemployed Dogs” (enriching dogs’ lives). Steve also speaks about marketing and how to use social and traditional media.
*January 17-19: North American Veterinary Conference, Orlando, FL. January 18, Steve participates in a session about the dog flu, Chicago: Lessons Learned,” with Melissa Bourgois, , DVM, PhD, DACVIM and Natalie Marks, DVM, at 11 a.m..
*January 16: Fix by Five: Steve serves on a National Task Force meting, Orlando, FL to create a recommendation to set a standard for when to spay/neuter kittens.